Jamaican Pumpkin Soup - Instant Pot
Authentic Jamaican Pumpkin Soup with Gluten-Free Dumplings
For the Soup
- 2 Cups Pumpkin Chunks
- 1 Ear Corn Cut into Rounds
- 3 Stalks Scallions Chopped
- 3 Sprigs Thyme
- 3 Pimento Seeds or Allspice Berries
- 1 Teaspoon Pink Himalayan Salt Optional
- ½ Packet Jamaican Pumpkin Soup Noodles
- 3 Cups Water
For the Gluten-Free Dumplings
- 1 Cup Gluten Free All Purpose Flour
- ¼ Cup Water
- ¼ Teaspoon Pink Himalayan Salt Optional
How to Make the Dumplings?
Add both water and gluten free all purpose flour to a small bowl and work together to create a dough. The dough should resemble playdough.
Break the dough into 8 equal pieces.Create whatever shape you desire. They will cook evenly despite the shape. Jamaican dumplings are traditionally round.
How to Make the Soup
Turn the instant pot on to the pressure cook setting and set to 4 minutes.
Add all the ingredients except the dumpling and close the instant pot.
Once the instant pot is done cooking, use the quick release method to release the steam.
Open the instant pot and turn on the saute setting for 6 minutes.
Add the dumplings and allow the dumplings to cook. Mash the pumpkin to create a more hearty soup.