Quick and Easy Jamaican Coconut Shrimp Recipe.
Served best with Instant Pot Jasmine Rice!
Jamaican Coconut Curry Shrimp
- Cutting Board
- Mixing Bowl
- Wooden Spoon
- Measuring Spoons
- 2 Pound Raw Shrimp Cleaned
- 1 Small White Onion Sliced
- 1 Medium Carrot Sliced
- Scotch Bonnet add based on desired spice level
- 3 Garlic Cloves chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Pink Himalayan Salt Optional
- 1 Teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- ½ Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Curry Powder for Cooking
- 1 Tablespoon Curry Powder for Seasoning
- 1 Cup Coconut Milk
- 2 Tablespoons Coconut Oil
- 1 Stalk Scallion Sliced
- In a bowl, add cleaned shrimp and season with 1 tablespoon of curry powder, chili flakes, black pepper and salt.
- Set aside for at least 10 minutes.
- Place a medium skillet on medium high heat with coconut oil.
- Once coconut oil is heated, add 1 tablespoon curry powder and minced garlic.The curry powder should begin to get dark in color, do not let it burn.This should take about 30 seconds to 1 minute depending on the power of the flame.
- Add shrimp, flat, on one side, for 2 minutes then flip.Once flipped, add bell peppers, onions and carrots.
- Stir in all ingredients to evenly incorporate the spice, vegetables and shrimp.
- Add coconut milk and bring to a simmer.Simmer on medium heat for about 3 minutes or until the coconut curry sauce becomes creamy.
Yum yum yum!!I Can't wait to try this recipe out! Coconut and curry are a match made in heaven. Haha.