It is the time of year when apples and pears are bursting off the trees here in the northeast, so why not try this Apple Syrup Recipe. Not only is this no heat apple syrup vegan, but it is gluten free and 100% raw.
My family and I have a yearly tradition of attending every picking season once the Summer begins. With fruits such as strawberries and peaches, there are many ways to utilize then, whether fresh or frozen. Our most popular way of enjoying these fruits are in smoothies or just by themselves as soon as they come from the farm.
However, with fresh apples, being so crisp yet juice, they are not as versatile as a softer fruits that are fresh and abundant at the beginning of the Summer (picking season).
Apple Picking Farms in New York
Fishkill Farm is a beautiful and welcoming farm with loads of fruitful trees to pick from. You can enjoy fruit picking from as early as July, but Apple Picking is expected to begin mid August to mid October. This farm gives the most bang for a buck in comparison two farms mentioned.
Harvest Moon Farm is a smaller and more intimate farm which costs a bit more to enjoy. Just like Fishkill farm, one can enjoy fresh apple cider donuts, fresh apple cider, hard cider and other fresh ingredients from the farm store.
Is Apple Syrup Recipe Healthy?
Unlike the usual pancake syrup, this apple syrup recipe is by far healthier with the simple fact that you are able to control the level of sweetness and the ingredients in this recipe.
With apples being the main ingredient, some of the natural sweetness comes from the fruit itself as well as the added sugar and other ingredients that will be added to extract the natural sweetness.
Apple Syrup Recipe and Fall Recipes
Autumn is the season to enjoy all the warm spices and comforting recipes to cozy up to the cold weather.
One way to preserve apples are by dehydrating them. They will last up to a year once they are stored in a cool and dry area.
Apples are not everyone's favorite, however with this Pumpkin Spice Rice Krispies Treats recipe, you can jazz up any event or just have as a fall treat at home.
Apple Syrup Recipe Ingredients
With only 5 ingredients, this apple syrup recipe is a quick fix. Not only is this recipe healthier than most, it is also gluten free, dairy free and vegan.
The five ingredients for this apple syrup recipe along with the links are listed below.
'The Jamaican Pear'
No Heat Apple Syrup Recipe
- Cutting Board
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Mixing Bowl
- Vegetable Peeler
- Mason Jar Two 16oz Jars or One 32oz Jar
- 3 Whole Apples
- 3 Cups Raw Brown Sugar
- ¼ Teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
- ¼ Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- ⅛ Teaspoon Salt
Preparing the Apples
- Place a whole peeled apple on the cutting board and using an apple corer or a knife, remove the core from the apples. Then repeat the process until all the apples are cored.
- Cut each piece of apple into ¼ inch pieces and place into a clean and dry mixing bowl.
NO HEAT Apple Syrup
- Using a spoon, mix all the ingredients together until the apples are all evenly coated.
- Pack each mason jar with an even amount of the apple mixture and properly seal. Store in a cool area of the kitchen for at least 12 hours or until the apples creates the No Heat Apple Syrup. Store in the refrigerator for up to 6 months.
- Place the peeled apple stem side up on the cutting board.
- Using a sharp knife, cut 4 sides off the apple leaving the core attached to the stem.
- Slice up the apples into small ¼ inch pieces and places into a bowl.