This garlic herb butter steak recipe is a quick and easy way to create a delicious meaty dish for the family. Not only is this steak dish gluten-free, but packed with protein which is good for muscle building. With the perfect portion of cooked brown rice and this garlic herb butter steak recipe is sure to satisfy the palate.
What Herbs Goes Best When Making Garlic Herb Butter Steak?
Fresh and dried herbs are versatile and nutritious, which makes a great addition to any dish.
Adding chopped herbs to steak will add a unique flavor and increase the nutritional value of the dish.
7 Best Herbs for Cooking Steak:
The list of 7 herbs above, with the exception of sage and rosemary, and maybe basil, can be created into a pesto like sauce. With the addition of oil, salt and lemon juice, this mixture is called chimmichurri, a delicious Hispanic sauce that is added to cooked meats.
What is Garlic Herb Butter Made of?
Most herb butter, is usually started with unsalted butter, this is because it will allow the cook to control the levels of sodium when cooking. In addition to unsalted butter, you can add the following:
- Freshly Chopped Garlic or Roasted Garlic or Garlic Powder
- Lemon Juice or Lemon Zest or both
- Any one, two or all of the 5 herbs listed above
- Salt to taste, optional
How Long Does Herb Butter Last?
Herb infused butter will last up to 7 days in the refrigerator and up to 3 months in the freezer. However, it is recommended that herb infused butter is used as quickly as possible to preserve the freshness of both the herbs and the butter. You can also buy herb infused or compound butter on Amazon fresh with the click of a button.
Roasted Garlic Finishing Butter
Try Amazon Fresh for FREE with EBT!
Try THIS Sweet and Vegan Jamaican Treat!
How to Make Herb Butter with Dried Herbs?
Dried herbs, are essentially fresh herbs, that are carefully dried to preserve the shelf life. Whether using fresh herbs or dried herbs, the process is the same when creating herb butter. Below you will find a list of dried herbs that can be used in preparing herb butter with dried herbs:
Have You Tried Jamaican Oxtail and Butter Beans?
Oxtail is the meat from the tail of an ox.
For human consumption, the oxen's tail is skinned, and trimmed of most, if not all fat, cleaned and chopped into circular pieces.
These circular oxtail pieces are seasoned then browned, before being braised to succulent perfection.
Garlic Herb Butter Steak
- Cutting Board
- Cast Iron Skillet
- 3 Mixing Bowl
- Measuring Spoons
- 2 Utility Spoon
- Baking Tray
- Parchment Paper
- 1 Pound Top Round Steak sliced in ½ inch pieces
- 1 Teaspoon Pink Himalayan Salt
- ½ Teaspoon Freshly Cracked Black Pepper
- ½ Teaspoon Dried Chili Flakes
- 3 Tablespoon Garlic Cloves chopped
- 4 oz Unsalted Butter softened
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Parsley chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Cilantro chopped
- ½ Teaspoon Lemon Zest or 1Tablespoon of Lemon Juice
- a pinch of salt optional
Seasoning the Steak
- Add the sliced steak to a mixing bowl and sprinkle pink Himalayan salt, freshly cracked black pepper and crush red pepper flakes. Gently mix with a clean or gloved hand to incorporate the spices onto the beef, then set aside.
- Place a sheet of parchment on a baking tray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add the softened butter, chopped herbs, fresh lemon zest or lemon juice and an optional pinch of salt.
- Use a fork to mash the herbs into the softened butter and mix until the herbs are evenly distributed into the softened butter.
- On the parchment paper, drop one tablespoon of herb butter an inch apart then place the baking tray into the refrigerator for at least 15 minutes to harden.
- Once hardened, remove each tablespoon of herb butter from the parchment paper and place in an airtight container or zip lock bag. Save for future use!
Herb Butter Steak
- Place a cast iron skillet on a medium high flame and allow the pan to create a small amount of smoke.
- Add a tablespoon of vegetable oil and freshly chopped garlic, along with the seasoned beef as flat as possible and sear for 3 minutes on both sides.
- Once flipped, add 4 tablespoons herb butter to the simmering steak and stir.
- When the herb butter melts, the garlic herb butter steak is ready to be served.
Leave a Reply