Instant pot broccoli soup is rich, creamy, delicious, and utterly delicious. Made from just five ingredients, this soup is simple yet tasteful. You get the earthiness from broccoli, richness from heavy cream, and cheesiness from the cheddar. This soup offers warmth and comfort and is just perfect for a lazy day! Above all, you can make it in an instant pot in no more than 15 minutes! Super convenient, isn’t it?
Fall is a season we all love! It has its vibe and aura. Fall is a clear sign of the end of summer and the fact that winters are just around the corner. Just as the leaves start to turn brown and shed, we all look for ways to enjoy the season by feeling warm and comfortable in our homes.
Fall is not just about pumpkins and lattes, but it is also a comforting and tasteful food that you can enjoy on your sofa watching your favorite movie! So, if you are looking for a quick, tasteful, and comforting recipe to try for a fall lunch or dinner, I have just the one for you!
Broccoli Cheddar Soup Ingredients Breakdown
Making broccoli soup is very easy. All thanks to the simple ingredients and instant pot. Here is what you need to make this rich and tasteful soup:
Broccoli: the main ingredient for this soup dish is broccoli. You can go for both fresh and frozen broccoli, but make sure you use the stems as well. When buying fresh broccoli, make sure it is fresh and has a vibrant green color. Avoid the one that is soggy or has brown patches. The stem should also be fresh and firm.
Garlic: garlic adds a depth of flavor to the soup. You can also use garlic powder if you don't want to use fresh garlic.
Onion: for a savory flavor, onion is just the right ingredient. I have used white onion for this recipe because of its slightly sweet flavor.
Heavy cream: the creaminess and richness of this soup come from heavy cream. If you want a vegan broccoli cheddar soup, choose coconut milk or coconut cream instead.
Cheese: cheddar cheese is a perfect choice to give the soup a thick consistency, make it richer, and of course, cheesy. For a vegan version, choose vegan cheese.
How to Store Creamy Broccoli Cheddar Soup?
Feeling lazy to cook this fall? Well, it happens! So, no worries because this creamy broccoli cheddar soup in an instant pot will save the day. You can make it in large batches and store it for later use. Once the soup reaches room temperature, store it in an airtight container and refrigerator for five days. You can reheat it on the stovetop. Also, you can skip adding cheese and keep it till the last minute.
Try this broccoli cheddar soup in an instant pot, and it will be your new favorite this fall. The soup is very satisfying, filling, creamy and tasteful. You will get addicted to it. Serve it with garlic bread or in a bread bowl. Whatever way you choose to serve it, it will be just perfect.
Instant Pot Winter Soup Recipes
Broccoli Cheddar Soup Instant Pot
- Wooden Spoon
- Instant Pot or Pressure Cooker
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Immersion Blender
- 1 Pound Broccoli Stems or Whole Broccoli
- 1 Cup White Onions Chopped
- 6 Cloves Garlic
- 1 Teaspoon Pink Himalayan Salt or to taste
- 3 Cups Water
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream
- 1 Cup Cheddar Cheese Optional
- Peel all the outer layer from the broccoli stems then rinse with cool water.
- Cut the broccoli stems into bite size pieces and all them to the instant pot.
- Along with the broccoli stems, add the garlic cloves, pink himalayan salt, chopped onions and water.
- Set the instant pot to the pressure cook setting on high for 5 minutes.
- Secure the lid onto the instant pot and ensure the vent is sealed.
- Once the timer is up, use the quick release method to allow the steam to escape and turn the instant pot off.
- Using an immersion blender, blend the cooked broccoli and garlic until your desired creaminess is achieved.
- Turn the instant pot back on to sauce for 5 minutes.Stir in the heavy cream and cheddar cheese (optional).
- Serve with your favorite bread or crackers.
Leave a Reply