This has to be the quickest and most simple shrimp and lobster pasta dish. It is dairy free and can be made gluten free with a simple substitution.
What is Garlic Confit?
Garlic confit is essentially cooked garlic in oil.
The confit cloves can be used to flavor soups, sauces, pastas, vinaigrettes, sandwiches, or marinades.
There is almost no recipe because of how simple it is.
Here are the steps that I follow each time I make garlic confit:
- Add peeled garlic to a small pot
- Pour enough olive oil to cover the garlic
- Place the pot on medium flame and cook until the garlic begins to fry.
- Remove the pot from the flame and allow the garlic confit to cool before storing in an airtight container. Refrigerate!!!
Shrimp and Lobster Seasoning
There are quite a few seafood seasonings on the market but the most popular one today might be old bay seasoning. Old Bay seasoning is usually made with salt which has eliminates the need to add more.
However, you can make your own seafood seasoning with a blend of your own herbs and spices. Old Bay seasoning consists of 18 different herbs and spices but I am sure you may use less.
Try My Jamaican Coconut Curry Shrimp Recipe, It is Dairy Free Gluten Free!
Shrimp and Lobster Pasta
- Large Pot
- Wooden Spoon
- Measuring Spoons
- Measuring Cups
- Cutting Board
- Skillet or Frying Pan
- 1 Pound Shrimp Peeled and Deveined
- 8 Ounces Lobster Meat Cubed
- 8 Ounces Linguini
- ⅓ Cup Garlic Confit with Garlic Cloves
- ½ Cup Onion Chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 Sprig Scallions Chopped
- Cook pasta according to the package instructions to Al Dente.
- Add the lobster cubes to a bowl and add the cleaned shrimp. You may cut the shrimp pieces in half so that it is evenly distributed throughout the dish.Add the old bay seasoning and black pepper. Use your clean hand or a spoon to combine.
- Place a large skillet on medium heat.Then add the garlic from the garlic confit along with a tablespoon of the garlic oil.
- Smash the garlic into the oil then add the seasoned seafood mixture.
- Saute for about 5 minutes before adding the chopped onions. Stir and saute for another 3 minutes.
- Add the cooked pasta and the remainder of the garlic confit and stir.
- Turn the flame down to low and cover the pot for another 5 minutes.
- Top with some chopped scallions and serve.
Leave a Reply